To our patients & our community,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our world has been through a lot over the last few months, and I know we are looking forward to getting back to “normal” (whatever that really means). While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety!
Infection control is, and has always been, a top priority at A.R.C. Dental Health. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
As you return to our offices, we have implemented some new protocols to further ensure your safety to combat the on-going COVID-19 Pandemic. Some of these new protocols are as follows:
- To maintain social distancing and reduce the amount of unnecessary contact we will no longer be accepting walk-in appointments; we ask that you call our office phone number, (626) 489-3488, to schedule an appointment. Our doors will remain locked during business hours and appointments. When you arrive, please ring the doorbell or knock on the door. We’ll be right there!
- Upon your arrival we will be using a touchless thermometer for temperature checks for all patients & our staff.
- We ask that you come alone to your appointment. Exceptions will be made if you are a parent or legal guardian of a minor, have a health concern that requires the presence of a caretaker, or if you are the guardian or caretaker of a patient with special needs. In such cases we ask that only one (1) person accompany your (or the patient) to the appointment. If you have someone that drives you to your appointments, we are kindly asking that they remain in the car or return to pick you up once your appointment is completed.
- When we schedule your appointment, you will be asked several screening questions. You will be asked to fill out and sign a COVID-19 screening form containing these same questions.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- We have air purifiers located in every operatory. We are using HVE systems to reduce aerosols.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This may mean there will be fewer options for scheduling your appointment. We also encourage you to have as much of your treatments completed as possible at each visit to reduce the amount times you must return for completing your treatments.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we implement these and other protocols!
We are grateful that you have entrusted us with your oral health and smile and are happy to have you as part of the A.R.C. Dental Health family. We look forward to seeing and serving you again. If you have any questions about the steps we are taking to keep you and every patient safe in our practice, please give us a call.
Dr. Rachel Tambunan & Dr. Alvin Chu